IMPORTANT SURROGACY GUIDELINES & NOTIFICATIONS
Please find below important notifications, guidelines, notes related to Surrogacy in India.
- Draft Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill – 2010.Guidelines & Medical Visa.
- Draft Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Rules – 2010Guidelines & Medical Visa
- National Guidelines for Accreditation, Supervision & Regulation of ART Clinics in IndiaGuidelines & Medical Visa
- Foreign nationals intending to visit India for commisioning dated March 7th, 2013Guidelines & Medical Visa
- Foreign nationals intending to visit India for commisioning dated July 9th, 2012Guidelines & Medical Visa
- Foreign nationals intending to visit India for commisioning dated October 14th, 2013
Part 2 : Import / Export of Gametes / Embryos
Certificate for obtaining “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” to import / export of gametes or embryos Read more here
Medical Visa / FRRO Registration
All Intended Parents eligible to undergo Surrogacy in India have to come on a Medical Visa.
OCI/PIO Cardholders do not need a Medical Visa to visit India. However, once they arrive in India they have to register themselves with the FRRO.
Part 2 : INDIANS LIVING ABROAD
Indians living abroad do not need to procure a special visa. They also do not need to register themselves with FRRO however, they should provide an Affidavit stating that during the process of Surrogacy there would be no change in their citizenship status.
Part 3 : SHIPPING OF EMBRYOS
You can ship frozen Embryos, get your Medical Visa and arrive in India before the Surrogate gets the embryo transfer.