Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a 650-bed multi-speciality state-of-the-art Hospital in India. It provides comprehensive Healthcare India services, and has acquired the status of a premier medical institution. It is the only hospital in the private sector that has maintained nearly 100% bed occupancy due to its reputation of providing the highest level of medical services to patients from Delhi and neighbouring states.
The hospital was founded initially in 1921 at Lahore by Sir Ganga Ram (1851-1927), a civil engineer and leading philanthropist of his times. After the partition in 1947, the present hospital was established in New Delhi on a plot of land approximately11 acres. The foundation was laid in April 1951 by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru and inaugurated by him on 13 April 1954.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in India continues to maintain its charitable character in accordance with to the wishes of its founder. Funds generated from the hospital services are partially utilised for providing free health care to the poor and needy patients. All development activities of the hospital are financed from internal resources, with no financial assistance provided by the government or other external agencies.
The hospital is governed by a Board of Management comprising medical consultants of eminence, some with an international standing. The Board of Management operates under the overall guidance of the Sir Ganga Ram Trust Society of which Shri Tej Ram, is the current chairman.
The Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is committed to make available 20% beds of total strength for admission of indigenous and financially weaker section of the society. On these beds all facilities (boarding, lodging, investigations, medicine and operative procedures are free.
In addition to that we are running regular OPDs for all disciplines where patients are seen free of charge.
40% of all the investigations is the OPD patients are free of charge. These facilities are provided strictly on a first-come first served basis.
1. First whole body CT Scan unit in Delhi installed at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
2. Department of Nephrology India and Renal Transplantation: Leading centre in the country with an active dialysis programme. Pioneers in CAPD programme in India. Major renal transplantation centre with over 650 live related transplants in 10 years
3. Department of Vascular Surgery in India: First dedicated vascular surgery india unit in North / Central India with a large no. of arterial bypass and endarterectomy procedures.
4. Department of Gastroenterology: Leading centre performing wide array of endoscopic procedures.
5. Department of Minimal Access Surgery: First such dedicated unit in all of South Asia. One of the surgeons holds the international distinction of the largest no. of endoscopic surgical procedures done by the single individual.
6. Department of Urology India: First such unit in the private sector. Started endo - urology in 1975. Were the first unit performing urodynamic studies in North India. Extensive experience in percutaneous treatment of renal stones.
7. Department of Orthopaedics Surgery India: It has the distinction of having the first bone bank in India.
8. Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Surgery India: First department in the private to develop paediatric sub-specialty services. The neonatology unit is the busiest in the private sector.
9. Department of Surgical Gastroenterology India First unit of it's kind in the private sector. Performing complex surgical procedures on the pancreas liver and GI tract.
10. Department of Ophthalmology India: Pioneers in phacoemulsification technique under topical anesthesia.
11. In Vitro Fertilization Unit: Established in 1991, this unit has the highest success rates in the country with pregnancy rates of 25%.
12. Department of Homoeopathy: Furthering the concept of holistic medicine, SGRH started the department which is the first of it's kind in a multi- specialty private hospital.
13. Department of Academics: In order to keep abreast with the latest developments in the field of medicine, and to impart the latest information to students and consultants, SGRH created the department to raise the standards of training , patient care and research. This is the first of its kind in a private hospital in North India.
14. Department of Genetics: It is the leading unit in the country performing genetic studies and providing counseling.
15. Department of Cardiac Surgery In India: Dharam Vira Heart Centre has one of the highest incidence of Off Pump Surgeries in the country at 96.2% of total coronary artery bypass surgeries, including total arterial revasularisation, sequential arterial grafting and "y" and "T" grafts.
Departments & Speciality Clinics
- Biochemistry (Chemical tests for diseases)
- Dharma Vira Heart Centre
- Cardiology (Heart)
- Hyperlipidaemia Prevention clinic
- Cardiac Surgery (Heart Surgery)
- Center of Medical Genetics (Tests for hereditary diseases)
- Chest Medicine (Lungs & chest diseases)
- Clinical Haematology (Blood related problems)
- Clinical Microbiology (Tests for infections)
- Critical Care & Emergency Medicine (Care of the seriously ill)
- CT Scan & MRI (Imaging)
- Dental Surgery (Teeth)
- Dermatology (Skin)
- ENT & Speech Therapy (Ear, Nose, Throat)
- Endocrinology (Diabetes, Thyroid, Hormone problems)
- Gastroenterology (Liver, Stomach, Intestine problems)
- General Surgery
- Breast Clinic
- Colorectal Clinic
- Haematology & Clinical Pathology (Tests for blood diseases and examination of urine, stool & body fluids)
- Histopathology (Tests for tissue removed)
- Holistic Medicine
- Tobacco cessation clinic
- Yoga lifestyle clinic
- Hospital Administration
- Operation Theatres
- Institute of Child Health
- Neonatology (Newborns)
- Paediatrics (Children)
- Development clinic
- Genetic clinic
- Pulmonology clinic
- Endocrinology clinic
- Thalassaemia clinic
- High Risk Neonates clinic
- Haematology Oncology clinic
- Neurology clinic
- Nephrology clinic
- Gastroenterology clinic
- Paediatric Surgery (Surgery on children)
- Institute of Minimal Access, Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (Keyhole surgery)
- Institute of Renal Sciences
- Nephrology (Kidneys)
- Renal Transplant Surgery (Kidney surgery)
- Urology (Urinary tract problems)
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Neurology (Brain, spine, nerve & muscle)
- Neurosurgery (Brain & spine surgery)
- Clinical Neurophysiology (Nerve function studies)
- Sleep Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine (Tests for hormones, bone densitometry etc.)
- Nursing Administration
- School of Nursing
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Women & child)
- Centre of IVF & Human Reproduction
- Adolescent clinic
- Gynae Oncology clinic
- High risk pregnancy clinic
- Family planning clinic
- Mature women clinic
- Uro-Gynaecology clinic
- Oncology (Cancer)
- Medical oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Ophthalmology (Eyes)
- Orthopaedics (Bones)
- Joint Replacement Centre
- Minimal invasive orthopaedic surgery (Arthroscopic surgery)
- Sports medicine clinic
- Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
- Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Surgery
- Psychiatry (Mental problems)
- Radiology and Ultrasound (X-ray & ultrasound)
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Rheumatology & Clinical Immunology
- Spine Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology (Surgery of Liver, pancreas, stomach & intestines)
- Thoracic Surgery (Chest & lung surgery)
- Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
- Peripheral and Endovascular Surgery (Blood vessel surgery)
- Swollen leg and varicose ulcer clinic
- Limb ischaemia detection clinic
- Diabetic foot Care Center
Centre of IVF & Human Reproduction
Dr. Abha Majumdar
Dr. Shweta Gupta
Dr. M. Kochhar
Dr. Ruma Satwik
Dr. Neeti Tiwari
Dr. Raj Gaur
Mr. Gaurav Majumdar
Mr. Arun K. Srivastava
Dr. Deepak Chawla
Dr. Ashok Baijal
Dr. S.N. Wadhwa
Dr. Sudhir Khanna
Dr. Ajay Sharma
Dr. Sudhir Chadha
Established in 1991 to meet the needs of infertile couples, the Centre of IVF and Human Reproduction at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital has grown into one of the leading providers of sophisticated reproductive health care in India.
This is a tertiary care infertility centre dedicated to providing comprehensive state-of-the-art fertility & reproductive health care in a personalised & friendly environment. We provide all infertility services from simple medical management (ovulation induction), surgical treatment (Open surgery & microsurgery / fertility promoting endoscopic surgeries) to ART procedures (IUI & IVF / ICSI) under one roof.
Our centre can help you achieve your goals of parenthood through state-of-the-art technology, innovative research and highly trained physicians, embryologists, fertility nurses and ultrasonographers.
Since the establishment of this centre, we have put in every possible endeavour to stay abreast of the latest developments in terms of technology, equipment and research.
1991 The first IVF baby in north India, Baby Garva, born on 21 September.
1994 The first successful pregnancy occurred by the ovum donation method
1993 Ovum donation started for patients with ovarian failure
1997 The technique of cryopreservation of embryos introduced
1998 The first pair of twins from cryopreserved embryos born in February
2000 Introduction of intracytoplasmic sperm insemination (ICSI); the first ICSI baby conceived in August
2001 The technique of testicular sperm extraction and percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration started; the first pregnancy occurred in August
2006 Laser assisted ICSI & Assisted Hatching
Why Us ?
- Northern India's most experienced and successful IVF centre having consistent results comparable to the best centres in the country and abroad.
- A history of "firsts" including the first IVF baby in northern India, Baby Garva, born on 21 September 1991
- Manned by qualified and certified clinicians and embryologists, making us a highly qualified IVF team in the country.
- We are conveniently located very close to central Delhi with access to good channels of transport and communication.
- Individualised patient care - a personal approach to evaluating and enhancing each patient's chance of becoming pregnant. All our services are offered under one roof to minimise patient discomfort.
- A commitment to take on complicated cases that other fertility centres can't or won't consider.
- Center for IVF and Human Reproduction is a custom-built state-of-the-art IVF clinic. All materials used in the construction from the vinyl flooring to the low emission paints in the laboratory have been chosen to reduce the volatile chemicals in the environment. Our clinic has been built as an intensive care unit for your embryos.
- We have a unique customised air handling system ('clean room') that filters all air coming into the laboratory removing chemical toxins and impurities to create a pure environment to protect your embryos.
- A world-class laboratory and research programme that stays on the leading edge of reproductive technologies
- We provide honest and accurate information regarding success rates, and encourage couples to explore all their childrearing options. We have a rigorous and transparent reporting system and respect the right to information of our patients.
- We ensure that the patients are well educated about the process and our team is easily accessible to them throughout the treatment cycle to support them or to answer queries. We lay great emphasis on post treatment follow up to fine tune future treatment cycles.
- We conduct training programmes to practicing clinicians with special interest in Reproductive Medicine. Ours is one of the few centres in the country that has been recognised by the National Board of Education to undertake a 2 year post doctoral fellowship program in Reproductive medicine.
- Initial Assessment and Investigations
- Endoscopic procedures
- Endoscopic fertility enhancing procedures
- Intrauterine insemination
- In-vitro fertilization
- Ovarian Stimulation – IVF
- Egg Retrieval
- Fertilisation and Embryo Development
- Embryo Transfer
- Post Embryo transfer Advice
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Testicular Extraction of Sperm
- Laser Assisted Hatching
- Egg donation and Surrogacy
- Academic Achievements
- Approved by FOGSI for infertility training.
- Approved by National Board of Examinations for Post doctoral fellowship in reproductive medicine
- Offering in house training to gynecologist interested in the field of reproductive medicine
- Conducted numerous conference/Workshops & CMEs
- Publications in Journals/Reference textbooks