MEDICAL VISA FOR SURROGACY IN INDIA
Surrogacy Medical Visa requirements:
- The Visa category required for taking up surrogacy arrangement is medical visa. A medical visa for surrogacy arrangement could could be granted on our fullfillment of the following conditions.
- The forign man and woman are duly married should have sustained at least for two years.
- A letter for the embassy of the forign country in india or the forign ministry of the country should be enclosed with the visa application stating clearly that:
- the country recognizes surrogacy and
- the child/children to be born to the commisioning couple through the indian surrogate mother will be permitted entry into their country as a biological child/children of the couple commisoning surrogate.
- The couple will furnish an undertaking that they would take care of the child/children born through surrogacy.
- The ttreatment should be done only at one of the registration Assisted Reproductive Technology clinics recognized by ICMR. (The list of such clinics will be shared with MEA from time to time.)
- The couple should produce a duly notarized agreement between the applicant couple and the prospective indian surrogate mother.
- If any of the above conditions are not fullfilled, the visa application shall be rejected.
- Before leaving india for their return journey, ‘exit’ permission from FRRO/FRO would be required. Before granting ‘exit’, the ‘FRRO/FRO’ will see weather the forign couple is carrying a certificate from the ART clinic concerned regarding the fact the child/children have been duly taken custody of by the foreigner and that the liabilities towards the indian surrogate mother have been fully discharged as per the agreement. A copy of the birth certificate(s) of the surrogate child/chldren will be retained by the FRRO/FRO along with potocopies of the passport and visa of the forign parents.
- For drawing up and executing the agreement cited at para 1(v) above, the forign couple can be permitted to visit india on a reconnaissance trip on Tourist Visa, but no samples may be given to any clinic during such preliminary visit.