1. What if the surrogate mother is asked to appear in court to help complete the legal work? Would she be able and willing to travel to help us complete the process for parental rights?
2. Can we be present for the birth?
3. Can we get re-matched without any additional costs?
4. Will you be able to help us complete the process for parental rights after the birth of the baby or will we need to hire a lawyer?
5. What if a pregnancy isn`t achieved within a specified amount of time?
6. What is your policy about use of egg donors to more than one couple?
7. Does your program require a negative pregnancy test before any procedures are attempted? How about after a missed period?
8. Who decides what tests and/or treatments the surrogate should receive before or during pregnancy?
9. Is sperm for inseminations banked and pre-tested before use? Or are the inseminations done with fresh sperm? If so, what precautions are taken to ensure it`s healthy and disease free?
10. Does everyone receive medical screening (including full disease testing) psychological counseling and legal representation ahead of any procedures?
11. What if a prospective surrogate decides not to work with us after the screening has been completed?
12. If embryos reduction should be medically indicated, can we get those services at the IVF clinic handling the embryo transfer?
13. Who will be responsible for helping everyone with the details?
14. Can couples and surrogates meet in this program or do you recommend strict anonymity?
15. Do you require ( as reputable programs do) that the surrogate have had at least one child?
16. Are our screening fees refundable?
17. Are screening services provided before or after the parties are presented to each other?
18. What are your requirements for each?
19. How do you match prospective parents and surrogates?
1. How do the laws of this state or the state where the baby will be born affect any agreement we wish to make?
2. Can we add or change some aspects, if desired?
3. How binding is this agreement on the parties involved?
4. Can we all have a copy of the agreement to review before signing?
5. Will each party have separate legal counsel?
6. Will we be asked to sign a contract? How about the surrogate mother?
1. Is health and/or life insurance available for the surrogate mother ?
2. What additional expenses might be involved?
3. Is there a refundable cap on fees?
4. How does your program handle expenses and/or compensation for the surrogate?
5. If we should change our mind after signing up with your service are our funds refundable? Will you give us an itemized monthly statement of expenses as the process goes along?
6. What are your prices for various aspects of the process?
7. Will your program or service handle all payments for us directly or will we be recommended to pay expenses directly ?
8. Will your program or service handle all payments for us directly or will we be recommended to pay expenses directly ?
1. Can you provide references?
2. Is there a waiting list?
3. If we have a question or problem, is someone available to us at all times?
4. What support staff will be available to assist?
5. What kind of support services (such as support groups) are available for couples and surrogates?
6. Are you now in litigation or have you been sued previously? If so, for what reason? What was the outcome?
7. Has a surrogate mother ever changed her mind about relinquishment? If so, for what reason?
8. How many families have they successfully helped so far through IVF-Gestational Surrogacy?
9. Can you refer us for other services?
10. What services will we need to obtain separately?
11. Do you have an office or work from home?
12. What sort of accreditation do they have? How many surrogates do they have available?
13. Where will the surrogate and her family be living?
14. What are their response times to your queries?
15. When was your service established? Who runs it (doctor, lawyer, social worker, etc) ?